**Panel voting for the 5th Blank Page Challenge is finished and we’ve picked our top 3 stories. Go check them out and vote for your favorite here**
Welcome to the fifth Blank Page Short Story Challenge of 2018, this competition will follow the standard rules of the Blank Page Challenge and you will need to submit your piece using the normal submission format.
- You may only submit one piece
- The piece may not be longer than 2,000 words in total
- Your short story must take inspiration from at least one of the prompts below
- The piece can be from any genre except erotica
- Your story must be submitted in English
- You must submit your piece to us before the deadline
- You may not enter if you have won a previous round
The competition runs from the 7th of July with a deadline for all submission to be emailed to us by 11:59 PM EST on the 19th of October. Any pieces received after this deadline will, regretfully, be disqualified.
The Panel will then vote on all submissions to find the top three entries from the 20th of October until the 26th of October, 2018, this will become our shortlist.
Finally, the free public vote to find the winner of the competition will take place from 27th of October closing for voting at 11:59pm EST on 5th of November, 2018.
The winner will be announced on this website, Twitter and Facebook on Friday, 6th of November.
Submissions: 7th September -> 19th October
Panel vote: 20th October -> 26th October
Public vote: 27th October -> 5th November
Winner announced: 6th of September, 2018
We’re very thankful for the support we’ve received from our sponsors in the form of prizes for the top three short stories in this round. Find more information on the prize sponsors here. The prizes for this round are as follows:
- Inclusion of your short story in The Blank Page Challenge Short Story Anthology e-book. Which is to be published towards the end of the year. More details to follow on this!
- A 6 month premium membership from Scribophile.
- A Writer’s Care Package (US winners only, international winners will receive an Amazon gift card)
- $10 Amazon Gift Card.
- 50% off 5,000 word edit from HJ’s Editing Services.
- 50% off full manuscript edit from Tactical Edits.
- 10% off editing services from Wrapped Up Writing’s Tamara Beard
- $5 Amazon Gift Card
- $5 Amazon Gift Card
Find more information about the prize sponsors here.
This month’s prompt is all about the 5 senses. Choose 1 image or choose any combination of images, just be sure to include the scent, sound, taste, feel, or sight of your chosen image.