Please read through and follow the rules below for entering The Blank Page Short Story Challenge. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the competition. If you have any questions or would like any clarification regarding these rules, please contact us.
Note that some of the rules below include links to the FAQs for the competition, please check these before querying a rule.
- By submitting a short story you are acknowledging the rules and guidelines of the competition and agreeing to adhere to them in their entirety
- No Panel members of The Blank Page Challenge or their direct family shall be eligible to enter the competition.
- All pieces submitted should be original and your own work.
- They should not be published or accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission.
- All pieces shall clearly be influenced or informed by the provided inspiration. Failure to utilise the material to some extent will result in disqualification.
- The Blank Page Challenge retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the winning entries to be published in a The Blank Page Challenge anthology.
- The Blank Page Challenge also retains exclusive publication rights to all entries to be published on our website for a period of 30-days after the closing date for submissions.
- Any attempt to contact and/ or influence the Panels decision will result in disqualification of all pieces involved.
- If The Blank Page Challenge suspects any unusual behavior during the public vote, we reserve the right to disqualify the piece in question.
- The Blank Page Challenge shall not be liable for prize support offered by third party entities in any way.
- The Panel’s decision is final.
- All prizes are non-transferable.