When you’ve finished your short story and you are ready to send it into us, there are a couple of key things to note before you do. We’ve tried to keep our requirements as light and simple as possible but it is very important for everyone to send their work to us in a standard way. Part of this is to ensure the impartiality of our panel and part of this is to ensure that we can access the work you’ve spent so much time on.
Have a read of the guide below, you’ll see some points link to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), if you would like to clarify any rule or point further, then please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
- Only one submission will be accepted per person.
- Your submission should be a maximum of 2,000 words.
- There is no minimum length.
- All submissions should be provided in English.
- Your submission should be sent in a double-spaced Word compatible file.
- The file should NOT contain your name or any information which could identify the author.
- All entries must be submitted online via the email address email@example.com with the subject “Entry”
- Your submission email should include your full name and any relevant social media links for you as an author.
- You may submit your piece at any point during the competition writing period.
- Pieces may be submitted up to 11:59pm EST of the closing date for submissions.
- Any submissions after that point will not be entered into the competition.
Please also take the time to read through our competition rules as well.